A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Paris 3D: through the ages

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abelard
Aediles
Abelard

Paris 3D: through the ages Empty
PostSubject: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptySat 04 May 2019, 11:13

Dear all,

A splendid video that shows us around Paris from 52 BC to 1893.

credit: Dassault systèmes

Kind regards,
Abelard
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptySat 04 May 2019, 13:41

Thanks for the link to the informative video about Paris, Abelard.  Oh, the wonders of CGI. However did we manage before CGI?  Scale models I suppose - though there is something satisfying for a kid in making a scale model I guess - no matter how dodgy.  I was never gifted at making things from papier mache though (sorry about the lack of accent) - gifted at getting my hands sticky, yes.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptySat 04 May 2019, 22:00

Abelard, thank you for this splendid 3D series, also about Lutèce and the building of the Notre Dame de Paris.

About Lutèce. Was it here? the discussion about: "What the Romans did for us" about how the wooden poles were put in the wall of the arenas to support the tarpoulins to dim the light and make shadow in the case of bright sunlight?
Perhaps MM will remember?

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
Abelard
Aediles
Abelard

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptySun 05 May 2019, 12:07

Dear Paul,
You're welcome, there's more and more 3D video of this kind available on the net.
Here is another one less than 4 minutes long, called "following the swallows":
credit, Grez productions:

kind regards,
Abelard
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptySun 05 May 2019, 13:31

Thanks again Abelard - when I watched the first video you linked I had a suggestion for a clip about Versailles from the time of Louis XIV to the Revolution (it was short, just a few minutes).  I watched the first two series of the Canal+ Versailles series but haven't watched the third one.  It seemed to go further off what actually happened in real history as it progressed and it's like with Mary, Queen of Scots,  the real history is interesting enough so why fabricate?  It was well acted - I didn't know of most of the actors before watching the show except the one who played Philippe who had been on a couple of daytime shows on UK TV (and played Mordred in Merlin).  I've watched some of the series of Engrenages  though that's present day France.  I do have to watch the subtitles though for some of the dialogue.  I found a French steampunk version of the King Arthur legend on YouTube with a young Audrey Fleurot (well she's not old now but she was even younger then) with purple hair as the lady of the lake so I might watch that (if YouTube hasn't taken it down).  I can get by in French though a French person would now I'm English as soon as I attempt the language, though of course there are some words I don't know.  Anyway, the short history films may be a way of keeping my knowledge of French alive. 
Back to top Go down
Abelard
Aediles
Abelard

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages EmptyMon 06 May 2019, 19:42

Dear LadyinRetirement,

Ha, Ha I suppose it's normal for a British woman to be particularly attracted to the palaces of kings and queens.
Here is your 3D video on the genesis of Versailles up to the diabolical revolution.

Here is also, another 3D video on the gardens of Versailles in which your dear kings and queens loved to bask or feast.

I find these videos very stimulating.

With regard to this series of which you speak, I have seen a few episodes, I find it interesting and have given me another look at the history of this period and the way power works.
Kind regards,
Abelard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paris 3D: through the ages   Paris 3D: through the ages Empty

Back to top Go down

Paris 3D: through the ages

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1