A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Sounds of the Soul

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

Sounds of the Soul Empty
PostSubject: Sounds of the Soul   Sounds of the Soul EmptyTue 04 Apr 2023, 00:29

Having just heard Elgar's cello concerto, again the cello is to me the sound of the soul. Yet there are others - and very different in tone and expression. The subcontinental raag form for instruments and /or voice  is so very different yet has the same effect on me. I have some understanding of the raag structure and what is going on in the improvisations but how different that is from the Elgar Cello sound.  Both are my music for the soul . 
Other cultures have other instruments to do the same  - and perhaps weird to us  and would that the ancients had sussed out recording stuff for us. 
Dance drama blends very well with some forms - I once devised a dance drama for young people to rather wistful piece of Japanese music. A bit of a liberty as I have no idea about it apart from feeling at one with its mood. Such music is a privilege of even having  lived, I guess
Back to top Go down

Sounds of the Soul

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The history of expression ... :: The Arts-