A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Which historical character/s would you like to meet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

Which historical character/s would you like to meet? Empty
PostSubject: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyFri 05 Oct 2012, 14:16

A straight forward question, which, if any, historical characters would you like to speak to or meet ? Who would you invite round to dinner?

Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura
Islanddawn

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyFri 05 Oct 2012, 18:49

Mmm, well I'd quite like to have Julius Ceasar around for a meal just to warn him to wear armour under the toga on the Ides of March. Oh and possibly to tell him to sit up straight when eating, terribly bad manners to be slouching around at the dinner table.
Back to top Go down
Gran
Consulatus
Gran

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyFri 05 Oct 2012, 20:03

Richard the Third, I have lots of questions for him!!
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyFri 05 Oct 2012, 20:32

I'd invite Jesus, Hannibal and Mohammed to join me for dinner but I wouldn't necessarily lay places for four.

Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 00:12

I would like to hear St Paul and Protagoras have a chat. I would keep dormouse quiet ... any way I'd be busy with the tape recording.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 00:48

Will Shakespeare, just to see who (or how many) comes. Cleopatra, by all accounts she would be an entertaining guest but I'd have to hide the pearls. Suetonius, for the salacious gossip. Marco Polo, to ask if he ever went to China. Any old Neanderthal, to check out his/her verbal facilities and table manners.

In fact, just about anyone.

Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura
Islanddawn

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 04:39

It just occured to me that we're not going to understand a thing any of these fascinating people have to say......not unless we speak the appropriate ancient language but even then I reckon it would be a struggle.

If that wasn't enough, they'll probably have bad breath, body odour, slop their food, eat with their mouths open, eat with their fingers, pick their noses, burp, fart, scratch their backsides, stick their fingers in their ears, not pass the salt or any number of things we'd think uncouth today and we'll be put off them for ever.
Back to top Go down
Gran
Consulatus
Gran

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 05:35

Just imagine the smell of that fart from ancient days!!!!
Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura
Islanddawn

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 08:42

affraid
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 09:22

Incomprehensible mumblings and unpleasant personal habits - those of us who have had dealings with teenage boys should find all that perfectly familiar.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 19:14

I'd invite round for dinner, Mrs Beeton, Auguste Escoffier and King Richard II. Each guest would have to bring one course for the meal.
Back to top Go down
Caro
Censura
Caro

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySat 06 Oct 2012, 23:36

I would also like to talk to some of those people with mysteries surrounding them - the people on the Mary Celeste (after they got off), some of those classic undetermined killers in British history, the person who wrote the Jack the Ripper letters, the three Australian children who went missing on a beach in 1966, the person who killed Julia Wallace.

Historical characters probably mean named ones but I would quite like to visit an English village of the 14th century and perhaps an 11th century one too.

For a NZ focus a meeting between suffragist and lady Kate Sheppard and publican and uncouth Henry Fish would be interesting. The people who first decided to leave Taiwan to sail across to the Pacific Islands.
Back to top Go down
Johnny Hus
Quaestor
Johnny Hus

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptySun 06 Jan 2013, 14:15

I'd be interested to see what DaVinci would be able to 'bring to the table'?
Back to top Go down
http://www.englistory.com/forum
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 11:52

Johnny, if its a sepia crayon, please may have the table cloth afterwards?
Back to top Go down
Johnny Hus
Quaestor
Johnny Hus

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? EmptyMon 07 Jan 2013, 18:56

Priscilla wrote:
Johnny, if its a sepia crayon, please may have the table cloth afterwards?

Lol. Unless i also invite Mohammad Ali, the beauty would be mine... all mine! Wuhah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.englistory.com/forum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which historical character/s would you like to meet?   Which historical character/s would you like to meet? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which historical character/s would you like to meet?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1