A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Empty
PostSubject: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyFri 04 Oct 2013, 13:20

Thought it was high time we had another teaser round.

Here are 20 little sirs and madams before they rose to prominence, infamy, renown or - in some cases - their feet.

So, on your marks, get set and .....

1  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000010QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses James_Dean_-_Giant
Clue for 1
Yes, ferval. This was the sultry infant without a cause who would indeed grow up to be James Dean.

2  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000011QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Jeremy_Clarkson_2008
Clue for 2
Well done, Vizzer. Still in love with his car (and the odd boat) is Jeremy Clarkson.

3  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000012QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWFy9hfAyFHv5RRKQTJAWmQnIPSentrWqn5UhDOiDFmqJzs9c7BQ
Clue for 3
The star of the Bitch indeed - Ms Joan Collins. Well done Trike. (By the way - no one has identified the other "bitch" in this quiz yet - see nr 18)

4  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000013QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVeeFZAzRqC94WoyepKr9dXQ2zHH1DKiP9sLU5Qb-YJrJvRmiV
Clue for 4
Well done, Trike. This First Holy Communion Day lassie grew up to be Eva Peron, Argentina's famous first lady.

5  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000014QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses PERSON%20JAP%20showa%20hirohito
Clue for 5
The Emperor who had to change more than his clothes - yes, ferval. Hirohito it is.

6  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000015QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 293_small.1
Clue for 6
Congrats, Trike. This pugnacious little tike did indeed grow up to be a tub of lard whose offers were silly to refuse, aka screen legend Marlon Brando

7  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000016QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Jrr-tolkien
Clue for 7 And another clue for 7
Very well done, Meles meles! Not an easy one at all. The dwarf-monger himself, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien (whose publisher worked without a light but still managed to collect all of Tolkien's scribbles together and in the darkness bind them).

8  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000017QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 953b5f33-e98d-43cd-9bc4-f322d7c0fbba-320x480
Yes Ferval, this is some Ms Middleton or something who is famous for something, or something. Well done.

9  QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000018QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 1306188246oprah-winfrey-1
Oprah Winfrey indeed, Priscilla. Well done!

10 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000019QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 220px-Frank_Sinatra_laughing
Clue for 10
Yes, Priscilla - this little blue eyed boy became an Ol' Blue Eyes in time, one Francis Albert Sinatra.

11 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000020QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTr87fN-hZX7WKRp6gFneDkLBAPZ5sHKH9ORu0ybhgMT_fC2wHT8w
Clue for 11
Absolutely correct, Temp. This goggle-eyed little darling (nicknamed "Bones" by his family) grew up to be John Travolta (all references to "still bone-headed" are of course merely implied, not stated).

12 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000021QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Joe-biden-one-rog
Clue for 12 And another clue for 12
Congrats, Trike! Joe Biden, Vice President of the USA and scriptwriter for Neil Kinnock, Bobby Kennedy and a few others apparently.

13 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000022QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Judi-dench
Clue for 13
Dame Judi Dench is correct, Temp - here proving she started young.

14 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000023QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSrhPH1HySw7ifiUDfJeYt__RkPxPqNHUKcm3lZT4L6i2oEDIn
Clue for 14  
Congrats ferval! The holder of the keys himself - Pappa Francis, Bishop of Roma.

15 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000024QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 220px-Al_Pacino
Clue for 15
Yes, Trike! Star of "Frankie and Johnny", "Looking for Richard" (and a host of other stuff), Al Pacino.

16 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000025QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Item7.rendition.facebookThumbnail.ss08-brigitte-bardot-bert-stern-photography
Clue for 16  And another clue for 16
Well done Vizzer - this little enfant terrible did indeed become a world famous donkey castrator and film star, Brigitte Bardot.

17 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000026QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 220px-Elvis_Presley_1970
Clue for 17
Correct, ferval - "The Boy From Tupelo" himself, Elvis the Pelvis

18 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000027QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Alex_salmond_1244016c
Clue for 18 And another clue for 18
Kjempe Bra, Temp! Alex Salmond it is in the flesh! (Ironically posing with his pet Black Bitch who may or may not have also been born in Linlithgow)

19 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000028QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses The-Dalai-Lama-Image
Yes, Meles Meles - Mr Tenzin Gyatso himself, aka the Dalai Lama, the only religious leader called after a large fluffy camelid.

20 QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000029QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Edward-sm
Eddie Six, correct Temp.

Last edited by nordmann on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 14:06; edited 37 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://reshistorica.forumotion.com
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyFri 04 Oct 2013, 16:22

20 is Edward VI.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 05 Oct 2013, 08:05

Yes, an unhappy face.

But 11 is a lovely little thing - it's not our MM is it? Smile 

QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses 00000020
Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 05 Oct 2013, 17:37

9. Has the look of Ophra Winfrey..... barring the fact that I am not good at this sort of thing. I wonder if no 15 was jolly glad he didn't grow up to be Ronald Reagan?
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 05 Oct 2013, 18:02

Temperance wrote:

But 11 is a lovely little thing - it's not our MM is it? Smile 

Nah Temp [blushes] it isn't me .... I was much, much cuter! Rolling Eyes

But I wonder ... is 19 the Dalai Lama?
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 05 Oct 2013, 19:33

Is no 8 the fragrant Countess of Strathearn doing some early social climbing?

Why can't I remember who no 18 is despite  being so very struck by his expression when I saw that picture before but it's gone, gone into the mist? No 2's familiar as well, oh damn this ageing nonsense.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySun 06 Oct 2013, 10:28

No 17: he who shoogled his pelvis and the world shoogled in response?
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySun 06 Oct 2013, 13:23

OK, time now for a few wild guesses.

Number 7 looked as though he might grow up to be either an Archbishop of Canterbury or a serial killer, but I wonder if the diamond mine clue suggests South Africa? Is it Ian Smith?

Number 13 isn't Judi Dench, is it?

Well, I did say wild guesses.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySun 06 Oct 2013, 14:44

No 5, is that Hirohito waving a carefully cropped flag?
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySun 06 Oct 2013, 16:19

Is No 2 Jeremy Clarkson?
Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 08:44

I've not really got the hang of the clues.... No10 goes on about blue eyes and skies so is it Sinatra?
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 15:49

Number 6, the clue is the Wild One, is it Brando?
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyFri 11 Oct 2013, 16:22

Wooohooo!!!!!

Number 7, not Scargill is it?

Time for me sign off for the weekend, I shall see you all later.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 12 Oct 2013, 17:10

I'll guess no.1 is James Dean on the strength of the clue.

What in the name of the wee man is the second clue for no. 16? Nails scratching a blackboard, a massacre in a pig sty or a madman with an electric drill?
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySat 12 Oct 2013, 20:02

You've just alerted me to that ferval. It sounds like whales or dolphins so I'm guessing that No. 16 is Brigitte Bardot.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptySun 13 Oct 2013, 16:26

The clue for 15 sounds remarably like Woodrow Wilson Guthrie.
Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 10:27

14 - seems so familiar  but the clue doesn't match up and I can only think it is Simon Cowell.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 11:27

I know who number 11 is, but I'm not saying because I've cheated.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 11:30

Cheating is allowed in my quizzes - if I've failed to make them google-proof that's not your fault.

You can sort of see how we was bound to turn out, can't you? Even the cult religion bit ...
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 12:31

Number 3, guessing from the clue I'll say Joan Collins.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 12:44

The little cute one shown in number 11 is, I'm afraid to say, John Travolta. I no longer want to adopt him.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyMon 14 Oct 2013, 12:53

No. 7 - from the clues I think might be J.R.R Tolkein.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013, 12:40

Number 15, the only Frankie I can think off who might match the picture is Frankie Dettori.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyTue 15 Oct 2013, 16:34

But if it's a Johnny, it could really be a Johnners .....
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 16 Oct 2013, 12:49

Right then,... Number 4 is Evita Peron.

14 and 15, both Franks (?) I'll guess Gorshin and Lampard.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 17 Oct 2013, 07:48

And then there were four ...

... a very nearly most important North American, a most important South American, a lost North American Richard and a Black Bitch.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013, 14:04

Nobody has had a guess for a while, so here goes; Number 12 Che Guevera,
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013, 14:08

Number 12 could also be described as Number Two in fact.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyTue 22 Oct 2013, 14:09

Ayrton Senna?
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 12:10

no. 14, is that the present incumbent of the fisherman's shoes? 

Pleaseeeee, give us another clue for 18, it's driving me nuts.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 13:16

A clue for 18 would be Scotty, Chief Engineer aboard the Star Ship Enterprise - though it hasn't happened yet. Mary Queen of Scots might also count, but only when still in nappies.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:15

Oops. have just read latest posts/clues which I should have done before sending above rambling nonsense (now deleted).

Embarassed 

Going back under my stone now.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:26

So the clue is 'born in Linlithgow'?
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:32

That Salmond person was born in Linlithgow!!  Perhaps I don't ramble as badly as I think I do. So please put my deleted post back!

EDIT: Look what I've just found on Wiki:

The town's coat of arms features a black bitch against an oak tree, and townsfolk are known as "black bitches".[3] In his account of a tour of Scotland, published in 1679, an English gentleman, Thomas Kirk, described the arms of the town as "a black bitch tied to a tree, in a floating island.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:39

Good lord, was he? That might explain why the photo is so familiar. And the 'Big Country' clue.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:44

But it might be James Doohan. Scotty will be born in Linlithgow in 2222.

In September 2007, a plaque and exhibition commemorated the fictional Star Trek character Scotty, the Enterprise's chief engineer, who will be born in Linlithgow in 2222.

Last edited by Temperance on Wed 23 Oct 2013, 14:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:45

Nope - you got it already - Tha Salmond Mon
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 14:47

See - I've done this all my life - deleted myself when I was right all along. Grrr.

No more.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyWed 23 Oct 2013, 21:40

Is Number 12 Robert Kennedy?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 08:03

No, but he thought he might be in 1988 apparently.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 10:50

Could it be Al Gore, one of the seven dwarves in 1988, and who was cheated (or chadded) out of the presidency in 2000?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 10:54

Not the Gore man, no.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 13:37

Number 15, I thought I was never going to get that one! The song is the same name as a film this actor made. Al Pacino.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 13:41

Is 12 Warren Beatty?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 13:55

Al Pacino was right for 15.

Number 12 is no Neil Kinnock - nor is he a girl, despite his middle name.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 14:02

Another Democratic Party candidate in 1988 was accused of plagiarising one of Kinnoch's speeches. The man in question was Joseph Biden, middle name Robinette. Is that him?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 14:06

And that would be her! I mean him! Hallelujah!
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses EmptyThu 24 Oct 2013, 14:10

And a big thanks for that quiz, Nordmann.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses   QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses Empty

Back to top Go down

QUIZ - Even More Little Tikes and Tikesses

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1