A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

"casarse": sociological implications.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

"casarse": sociological implications. Empty
PostSubject: "casarse": sociological implications.   "casarse": sociological implications. EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 19:38

When I learned for the first time Spanish I was struck by the word "casa" in "casarse".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/casar#Spanish
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/casarse

Nowhere in Dutch, German, French and English I find this link with a "house" (casa)...
For me "casarse" would then be: housing oneself, providing oneself with a house. Of course I understand that normally to live  together one has to be with two, what is implicated in the term "casarse" "to get married"...
And yes Spanish has other of these odd terms, as I translated "yo te queiro" in public with "I search you" (from my Latin remembering of "quaerere"). Everybody in the company laughing...

But now to my point...

it seems that the modern way of living together is now to live together under "one" roof. Finished all that old fashioned stuff to get married, that costs a lot of money? Better a journey with a bit of luxury, depending on one's preferences?

And of course living together as a "couple" (nowadays the youngsters overhere say "they are a "koppel/couple" (couple), when two partners have a bond of sexual relationship). And mostly they seek for an appartment/house (casa) to live together.

I know also several people, who don't want to have the fuss of a partner under the same roof, but I warned all of them Wink :
And what if you get old? There goes nothing above a partner, even a quarreling type. After all it is another human being and even pets can't compete (I haste to say in my humble opinion) with the intelligence and feelings of a human being (of course one has to admit that the other side of the coin is that on that higher human level one can encounter higher negative feelings and malicious intelligence, but can't an animal have it either on its lower intelligence level?). But one can perhaps solving the problem as with a couple that I know, having an individual appartment one above the other...

In the light of the former I think that I haven't to explain that with a trio (I know that you know what I mean overhere...) it is more hazardous to have complications in the relationship, when it is already difficult to compromise with two ...a good relationship needs compromises? I think...and if you are not prepared to make them, better stay alone...again my opinion...
Of course I have to correct myself: one can have to stay alone "beyond?" one's will...not one's own fault, decision...

Paul.

Edited one time 30/10/2020

Last edited by PaulRyckier on Sun 07 Feb 2021, 11:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brenogler
Praetor
brenogler

"casarse": sociological implications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: "casarse": sociological implications.   "casarse": sociological implications. EmptyTue 05 Jan 2021, 15:07

PaulRyckier wrote:
When I learned for the first time Spanish I was struck by the word "casa" in "casarse".
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/casar#Spanish
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/casarse

Nowhere in Dutch, German, French and English I find this link with a "house" (casa)...
For me "casarse" would then be: housing oneself, providing oneself with a house. Of course I understand that normally to live  together one has to be with two, what is implicated in the term "casarse" "to get married"...
And yes Spanish has other of these odd terms, as I translated "yo te queiro" in public with "I search you" (from my Latin remembering of "quaerere"). Everybody in the company loughing...

But now to my point...

it seems that the modern way of living together is now to live together under "one" roof. Finished all that old fashioned stuff to get married, that costs a lot of money? Better a journey with a bit of luxury, depending on one's preferences?

And of course living together as a "couple" (nowadays the youngsters overhere say "they are a "koppel/couple" (couple), when two partners have a bond of sexual relationship). And mostly they seek for an appartment/house (casa) to live together.

I know also several people, who don't want to have the fuss of a partner under the same roof, but I warned all of them Wink :
And what if you get old? There goes nothing above a partner, even a quarreling type. After all it is another human being and even pets can't compete (I haste to say in my humble opinion) with the intelligence and feelings of a human being (of course one has to admit that the other side of the coin is that on that higher human level one can encounter higher negative feelings and malicious intelligence, but can't an animal have it either on its lower intelligence level?). But one can perhaps solving the problem as with a couple that I know, having an individual appartment one above the other...

In the light of the former I think that I haven't to explain that with a trio (I know that you know what I mean overhere...) it is more hazardous to have complications in the relationship, when it is already difficult to compromise with two ...a good relationship needs compromises? I think...and if you are not prepared to make them, better stay alone...again my opinion...
Of course I have to correct myself: one can have to stay alone "beyond?" one's will...not one's own fault, decision...

Paul.

Edited one time 30/10/2020

There is a saying;  Two is company, three is a crowd.

I tend to think that two is a crowd.  Most of my acquaintances agree.
Back to top Go down

"casarse": sociological implications.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The history of people ... :: Civilisation and Community-