A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cain Ravenstone
Aediles
Cain Ravenstone

Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? Empty
PostSubject: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 21:16

Did ancient Scythians really wore armless bodices with loose laces on the backs? Is this true? Did the armless bodices with loose laces on the backs exposed the whole skin of their backs and the whole skin of their arms?

I tried browsing the Internet for informations and pictures that support this to be true but I can't find any.

Seriously, is this true?
Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? EmptyWed 06 Jan 2021, 23:42

I gave a    vague sort of reply in the main thread. My notion of the loose laces were of the front kind as a book cover might show of a lusty lady in  matching pink gear  fighting for her life.
Back to top Go down
Cain Ravenstone
Aediles
Cain Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2021, 03:32

Priscilla wrote:
I gave a    vague sort of reply in the main thread. My notion of the loose laces were of the front kind as a book cover might show of a lusty lady in  matching pink gear  fighting for her life.

What lusty pink lady are you talking about? The Scythian girl? No offense but can you please explain your answer a bit? How can it even be possible that there is a Scythian in history that would match my pink gladiatrix character in every detail? I can't imagine Scythian females being that. That is clearly too absurd and something out of a drug trip. Scythians didn't wear pink long slit skirts, pink boots, pink fingerless gloves, pink long hairs, pink nails, pink panties, pink socks, and pink backless armless tops. They wore tunics and pants.

Sorry but I'm not buying that under all circumstances. What in the deepest nightmarish part of Gehenna are talking about?

But seriously, can you please explain your answer?
Back to top Go down
Cain Ravenstone
Aediles
Cain Ravenstone

PostSubject: Re: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2021, 03:41

Priscilla wrote:

The front kind? Oh, so you mean the laces of the bodices that the Scythians wore were on the front? Speaking of Scythians females having loose laces on the front, are you saying they were just confident on exposing their breasts to just about anybody?

I don't really know but I most likely won't buy that cause I have never seen anything in the Internet that shows Scythian males with exposed chest or Scythian females with exposed breasts.

Are you trying to say that Scythian females just walked around looking like prostitutes? My guess is that the Romans would have been disgusted and probably called them "whores" on the streets.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? EmptyThu 07 Jan 2021, 08:49

Which "Scythians" are we talking about? The Greek pre-Roman view of these distant people (who weren't aware they were "Scythians" at all until the Greeks gave them that name), one of the many short-lived cultures which rose and fell during the long period when the Romans rose to Mediterranean dominance to their west, or simply the fantasy version which Greek and Roman authors left us in their literary legacy and on which medieval notions were based (including the one in which the same people invented Scotland)?

Within that scope there is opportunity to dress them up any way you might wish and probably be correct to an extent for at least one version of this people at one point in time (or fantasy). Just bear in mind that they occupied lands that drop to sub-zero temperatures in some places during winter so go easy on the "topless" requirement!
Back to top Go down
https://reshistorica.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?   Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did ancient Scythians wore armless bodices that have loose laces on the backs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1