A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Hectoring,Verbal Abuse and Who said That?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

Hectoring,Verbal Abuse  and Who said That? Empty
PostSubject: Hectoring,Verbal Abuse and Who said That?   Hectoring,Verbal Abuse  and Who said That? EmptyThu 26 Aug 2021, 12:30

Notices about verbal abuse and shouting are popping up everywhere. The reasons for it happening- I asked at a local hospital - was people being kept waiting or not given the immediate attention they expected. Long ago I noticed an increase in the way people quickly took verbal umbrage when TV soaps ' sagas of everyday folk', became many peoples main entertainment. I had a soap addicted employee who could not understand that when she verbally insulted someone with loud back chat etc it brought long lasting grievance. In soaps it all moves on in 2 weeks and such encounters forgotten. heckling has long been a social sport - but I can think of times and places where it might not have been such a good idea...... as in a Hitler-heckle, for instance.
Back to top Go down

Hectoring,Verbal Abuse and Who said That?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1