A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

New to the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Isaac C Bishop
Quaestor
Isaac C Bishop

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyWed 11 May 2022, 14:33

Hi all, I am fascinated by history, especially the American civil war and medieval periods.
Back to top Go down
MarkUK
Praetor
MarkUK

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyWed 11 May 2022, 19:03

Quite a gap between those two. Can't say I know much about the American Civil War, Mediaeval is more my thing. So I'll throw out a Mediaeval date of the day - 
11 May 1366 - Anne of Bohemia, first wife of Richard II, King of England born in Prague. She was the daughter of Charles IV, Holy Roman Emperor and King of Bohemia. She and King Richard were married in 1382, both were 15 years old.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyThu 12 May 2022, 09:00

The ACW appears for discussion occasionally. Anyway, welcome to the boards.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyThu 12 May 2022, 18:04

Welcome Isaac.
Back to top Go down
Isaac C Bishop
Quaestor
Isaac C Bishop

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyFri 13 May 2022, 20:03

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Back to top Go down
DanielBrown00
Quaestor
DanielBrown00

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyMon 11 Dec 2023, 09:58

Hello everyone, I am new here. Can anyone tell me about the policies of discussion here?
Back to top Go down
https://www.aroundrobin.com/
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023, 16:12

Hello Daniel ... welcome on-board and to the board.

The policies are given on the registration page, here, but we're a fairly informal bunch so the 'rules', such as they are, are basically just common-sense. Unless someone starts proselytising about a fringe conspiracy theory; is trying to sell stuff; or is just rude, insulting or disrespectful of others; then any subject of an historical nature is fair game. I'm not sure if we have a cut-off date regarding what constitutes 'history', but discussion of modern politics and current world affairs is generally avoided unless within an historical context or at least declaring up-front that the matter is contentious or an 'elephant in the room'. However at the other scale of things we have also happily discussed matters prehistoric, geologic even, and dating back to the dinosaurs and before. Rambling off the subject - something I admit I'm rather prone to do and which is often frowned upon by other discussion boards - is generally viewed with considerable tolerance here; largely on the basis that if one strays too far off-topic the thread is liable to either simply die or just naturally find its own way back on track, plus of course a detour does often throw up additional matters of interest. The categories of discussion as defined on the home page are vague and do not follow the strict chronological or geographic classifications mostly adopted by other discussion boards - deliberately so, to encourage a rambling, wide-ranging and unconstrained discussion. Accordingly don't worry too much about finding the 'correct' place to put your posts, they are intended to be just general groupings. Note also that the most recent posts, in whatever category they are posted, are most readily found, not from the home page, but by simply looking at 'recent activity'.

Anyway, what are your historical interests? I look forward to reading posts from you.
Back to top Go down
Lee Pappas
Quaestor
Lee Pappas

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptySun 17 Dec 2023, 10:16

Hello, I am new to the forum.  My interest is mainly ancient history, with the goal of recovering lost history.  I especially focus on chronology, so as a result I frequently focus on exact dates and times of events.  My research has brought me to the inescapable conclusion that recorded history is fraught with lies, and I would like to share my findings.  

Thank you
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptySun 17 Dec 2023, 20:31

Welcome Lee.  Are they lies or mistakes?  Mathematics isn't my strong suit so if the folk making calculations in the past were also not the world's greatest mathematicians that might account for things going awry.
Back to top Go down
Lee Pappas
Quaestor
Lee Pappas

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum EmptyMon 18 Dec 2023, 12:17

LadyinRetirement wrote:
Welcome Lee.  Are they lies or mistakes?  Mathematics isn't my strong suit so if the folk making calculations in the past were also not the world's greatest mathematicians that might account for things going awry.
Of course some mathematical errors happened.  But I mean genuine good old fashioned lies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the Forum Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the Forum   New to the Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1