A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
LadyinRetirement
Censura

Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015, 10:27

Addendum:  I suppose TWQ when it was on TV (I watched about ten minutes of it) did provide work for some members of the acting profession for a while.  TWQ having been one of those programmes where it is much more fun to read the reviews than to watch the actual show, one critic observed that Rebecca - not the singer - Ferguson was attractive and that "even pretty girls have to eat".  I suppose it's true that not every actress can secure a gig playing Hedda Gabler every week.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015, 10:57

The Australian site Nerdalicious is announcing that a sequel to TWQ is being made - though this time the Beeb is distancing itself and not getting involved thank goodness http://nerdalicious.com.au/filmtv/philippa-gregorys-white-queen-gets-american-sequel/

After my post yesterday, in the afternoon I went to the launderette and read one of  the magazines lying around.  I may have made a remark above about Rebecca - not the singer - Ferguson not playing Hedda Gabler every week but actually she seems to be doing pretty well for herself because she has a part in the latest Mission Impossible film - and not a blink and you'll miss her part either.  I am probably as likely to watch Mission Impossible as I am TWQ part 2 but MI is very popular.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptyThu 10 Jan 2019, 10:33

Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptySat 05 Oct 2019, 08:53

I recently found a video by Claire Ridgeway (of the Tudor Society) about the accuracy of "The Other Boleyn Girl".  It's not a hatchet job on PG - just a logical explanation of what is fact and what is fiction.  It's 50 minutes long though.  https://youtu.be/lM2DXvRYqb8
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptySat 05 Oct 2019, 11:04

LadyinRetirement wrote:
I recently found a video by Claire Ridgeway (of the Tudor Society) about the accuracy of "The Other Boleyn Girl".  It's not a hatchet job on PG - just a logical explanation of what is fact and what is fiction.  It's 50 minutes long though.  https://youtu.be/lM2DXvRYqb8

Lady,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM2DXvRYqb8

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 EmptySat 06 Aug 2022, 10:19

Coming back to this thread after some time, I have noted that nordmann had mentioned Claire Ridgeway a long while before I did.

Anyway, while looking for material to use as shorthand 'unseens', I came across a channel called The Laughing Cavalier who admits that his thumbnail isn't TLC picture.  The channel isn't limited to Tudors though it does give criticism (sometimes funny - to my mind anyhow) about various TV productions about historical events including the Tudor times or about fictional events in Tudor times.  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?   Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Philippa Gregory - historian or bodice-ripper?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7