A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Caro
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 24 Feb 2014, 20:46

I was going to send a PM to Nordmann about an odd email I got, then decided it wasn't relevant really.  But I will mention it here now.  Unfortunately when my computer went a little mad and had to be fixed I lost a couple of emails, one of which was this one.  It was from a vincent50 who doesn't seem to be a member here, but he mentioned seeing something I had written on res historica about some person, who I have completely forgotten about, but who was a relative of his. (I presume it was someone I came across in a cemetery or museum story, but I wasn't at home to check it out properly.)

But I wondered how he had my email.  They aren't shown on res historica and nor is my name.  It doesn't bother me; I don't mind if people email me with interesting questions, but I just wondered. I can't answer him or even check who he wanted to know more about (not that I knew anything; it might have been about someone called Clark, but I read his email too quickly to take it in properly, thinking I would deal with it later). 

Is there an obvious explanation for this?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 24 Feb 2014, 21:02

I stand corrected - you are both quite correct. I have just checked the contact panel you find when you click on a member's name and there are indeed two methods, one to e-mail and one to PM a member. If you choose e-mail you still see only the member name but the message is sent to the e-mail address the member provided when registering.

Vincent50 is indeed the newest member, Caro, though he has never as yet posted anything on a thread. As he is a current member it should therefore be equally possible for you to use the exact same method to send him an e-mail yourself if you wish. As he hasn't posted you will need to click on his name either where he's displayed as the newest member on the bottom of the shortcuts page or by clicking on the member list option under the banner on every page.
Back to top Go down
https://reshistorica.forumotion.com
Caro
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 00:02

Thanks for that, Nordmann.  I checked our members but obviously not thoroughly enough, since I didn't see Vincent50's name there.  I'll see if he can send me that email again. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Caro
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 05:03

I think I must be going blind!  Now I have found Vincent50 but I can't see the bit under contact (or anywhere else) about emailing.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 06:09

Maybe it's just me that can see an e-mail option after all. But that begs the question how he managed it?

Is e-mail not the very first contact method listed under "contact"?
Back to top Go down
Caro
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 07:25

When I look up my name it is, when I look up yours it is, when I look up anyone else's there is only PM.  Which still doesn't explain how Vincent contacted me by email.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 07:48

Ah, it must be group membership then. Vincent50 becomes a fully fledged member when he posts something (hence the different colours used to display new members) and has limited function until then.

This is a feature I was not aware of myself and will look into it. It sounds the wrong way round to me.

I can send you his e-mail address - he obviously wouldn't mind as his intention was to contact you and be open to reply. I'll do it by PM (don't trust the e-mail thing any more)  Smile 
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 25 Feb 2014, 13:01

On another note: the widget hosting site that provides both the Res Historica and History In The News shareable widgets that we've been using will shortly be taken out of service. I am on the lookout for a new free hosting site that allows website owners create customised widgets - so if anyone hears of one ...

Shareable widgets mean that they can be embedded in places like people's Facebook pages, blogs etc, and are an attractive link here. The one I'd set up shows recent posts (with pictures) so something along those lines again would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:23

Nordmann - there was a question from you (WW1 thread) about changing the name of the site in order to make it easier for potential new posters to come across Res Historica. The question seems to have disappeared and Priscilla has not pursued this matter (unless she has by PM).

I don't know how these Google things work, but it should not be necessary to change the name, surely - just make it come up when History Message Boards or History Discussion/Debate is googled.

Try googling History Message Boards and you'll see what I mean. We need, perhaps, something like:

History Forum

Love talking about History? Enjoy lively discussion and debate about all aspects of History  at Res Historica.historyboard.net

The trouble is, I think, that people just don't know this site exists, and will only stumble on it by chance. As pointed out on the other thread, no one looking for discussion on history is going to google Res...

Not trying to be officious - just helpful. (I think Englistory possibly suffered from same problem...)
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 13:59

Out of curiosity , I googled "History Forums" and the results were;

1) historum. com

2) thehistoryforum.com

3) history.org.uk

Res appeared on Page 6 just over half way down.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:13

@Triceratops wrote:

1) historum. com

2) thehistoryforum.com

3) history.org.uk

I've just this minute done the same, Trike, but found no Res Historica on page six. Went through to page twelve - nothing.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:17

The site's name is not what is used as a primary match in search engines, but the embedded meta data in the site's headers. Our site contains all the usual stuff "history, forum, discussion, etc".

By far the best way of promoting the site is simply to spread the word. Linking to it en e-mails when appropriate, or in replies on other message boards when appropriate, and all that sort of thing works wonders.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:27

@Temperance wrote:
@Triceratops wrote:

1) historum. com

2) thehistoryforum.com

3) history.org.uk

I've just this minute done the same, Trike, but found no Res Historica  on page six. Went through to page twelve - nothing.

this time it was on Page 8, very strange
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:28

@nordmann wrote:
The site's name is not what is used as a primary match in search engines, but the embedded meta data in the site's headers. Our site contains all the usual stuff "history, forum, discussion, etc".

OK
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:36

@nordmann wrote:

OK.

(But I'm not convinced that "spreading the word" works - far too limited - but obviously you know more about these things than I do.)
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 17 Mar 2014, 15:08

Nordmann,

Neilsen's been in touch with me over on Historum, saying he has had trouble logging in to Res.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 17 Mar 2014, 17:26

I've sent him an e-mail in good Norwegian (bad Danish). Thanks Trike.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 31 Mar 2014, 14:21

Since the start of the year here are the (almost) legible searches on Google after which people opened a Res Historica page ...

aviva rahamin
what role do peasants play. in society
1951 uk election
dunedin underground tunnels location
hall boy
oldest nursery rhymes
red and blue flag sybil on downton abbey
two missing princes tower london
what makes a good biography
where did the golden ratio come from
why did king george not give the romanov's asylum in england
"phillipa gregory" facial surgery
18th century corset
19th century female explorers & africa
19th century portrait painters
ahmad ibn fadlan viking funeral sex
air crash andes cannibalism
alamo compound
alternat cartography
an experiment on a bird in an air pump (exhibited 1768). oil on canvas
ancient egypt pharaoh mentuhotep 2
ancient quay walls
ancient romans knitting
anglo saxon foot shape big toe
anglo saxon hoard date found
art skulptur seilduk bilder
australia has promised brittain 50000 more men meaning
black britons in georgian times
bologna skyscrapers
book lack in ongar
british blue cat kitten
british blue kittens
british blue short hair kittens
british empire sport
british recruitment posters ww1
caligulas landlocked ships
case of gil perez unfold
conundrum ww2 pluto
does the golden ratio make the great wave off kanagawa more appealing
doggerland history
duke of northumberland religion recusant
dunedin underground entrance tunnel map
dunedin underground toilets
dunedin war tunnels
dunedin ww2 war tunnels maps
edward thomas and edna clarke-hall
embroidery by aviva rahamin
eric williams vs seymour drescher
escargot francesco del cossa
ethical dilemmas for cameramen
evidence base practice - an apple a day keeps the doctor away
examples of a tragic hero in history
famous rebuttals
fart tradition
female explorers 19th century
flag over downton abbey
fokker dr1 camouflage
fokker dr1 colour schemes
fokker dr1 triplane dark blue color scheme
french royal family
french ww1 recruitment posters
garden gnomes
german aircraft crash sites
golden ratio frank lloyd wright architecture falling waters
great binge
greek toes
grimes graves hoax
growth of towns and peasant class in medevil society
hall boy 2
hall boy servant
hall end farm...roman site
hallboy
hat in the ring squadron
historical photographs
historical sport photographers
historical sports photographers
history 1900-1930 europe
history of french knitting
house of lady astor sandwich
how the cavaliers dressed identity
irish javelin
james frain mark rylance
kent geology
king george and tsar refuge
king wessex 514ad
km bismarck
lady chatterton
lady chatterton the lover author
lettice knollys private interview with the queen
madonna knitting by bertram of minden
marginalia escargots
medieval knitted hose
medieval peasant's legacy for future generations
moggy markings
mulberry handbag
music that changes history
mv joyita 1930
neville chamberlain
nutting quenby
old western hats
oldest nursery in the world
operation pluto
operation pluto ww2
oslofjord in the 60s
paint by numbers art
painting by numbers
painting numbers
peasant celtic egyptian foot type personality
peasant role in soceity
peasants in feudal society
peasants role in feudalism
peasants role in scoiety
philosophy of farting 19th century text
pluto pipeline
princes in tower, hundred years war, theories, "princes in tower" --tourist, --attraction
quay walls
queue hair
refusing refuge to romanov's
res hisorica
res hstorica
reshistorica.historyboard
ricardian princes in the tower
roman hairdos
roman hairstyles kids
rothschilds and the irish crown jewels
rufus caricature pompeii
russian false invention history
sir harold nutting
sir william chatterton
sitting ww1
spool knitting history
sports photography history
ss heraklion
ss heraklion 1966
ss heraklion wreck
ss wiking
stories behind famous images toni frissell abondoned boy
sudeley castle jobs
the apocalypse of saint peter
the benefits of farting explained
the curious case of transported to mexico
the oldest lullaby
thorn naked
toe shape heritage snopes
toes determine ancestry snopes
traditional insults
tragic heroes in history
types of toes
victorian women explorers
viking burial rape
viking funeral rites, girl
walter manny
welles rebellion 1470 philippa gregory
welsh harris family crest
what are the role of peasants in charlemagne
what makes a good historical biography
what role did peasants play in medieval society
what was the importance of peasants in medieval europe
what was the peasants role in the feudal system
what_is_the_role_of_the_medieval_peasant
when did the roman empire stop expanding
when were nursery rhymes written
where did ratio originate from
where did the golden mean originate
where does the golden ratio come from
why did george fifth refuse nicholas asylum
why did george v refuse asylum to ex-tsar nicholas ii
why individuals on bank notes
women explorers 19 th centuary
women explorers of the 19th century
would it change the line of succession if the princes in the tower were proven to be accurate
would lady gaga be considered a tragic hero
yezide
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 31 Mar 2014, 15:07

Well!

I just hope the enquirer after: "phillipa gregory" facial surgery, found what they were looking for. confused
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 31 Mar 2014, 21:37

Some truly eccentric search requests there. Mind you - I think that 'music that changes history' would make a ding-dong thread title.
Back to top Go down
Caro
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 31 Mar 2014, 22:11

I did mean to say earlier that when I search for anything on Google, it's not normally got history in its name or anything that might be the name of a site per se, but a subject that I am (usually temporarily) interested in, or want information about. I don't look for (or have as a favourites) IMDb; I look for a specific actor or a programme to find out more about an actor or place in a programme and it takes me to IMDb.  Likewise I wouldn't look for a specific or generalised history site, but something like Birkenhead or medieval jesters.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Statistics   Mon 19 May 2014, 20:16

Nordmann,

I met a new member on the French Passion Histoire...a certain Aelfwine from Brussels...
http://www.passion-histoire.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=35991

There was some vague memory that I met this name already on a forum: this one or the Historum one...
See now that Aelfwine posted here last time on 5 May...

As on the BBC and all other fora where I contribute, by clicking on the name in the memberlist I thought to find all the messages from Aelfwine...
But no, even on my own name when I try in Statistics: "Find all topics where Paul Ryckier has posted in" it says:
"You haven't got the rights to access this page...

BTW: Aelfwine from this forum: If you read this message? Is it pure coincidence that you use the same name as the guy form Brussels on the French forum?

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 03 Jun 2014, 10:54

Small change to the front page - you'll notice it on the right in the column for recent posts in each category.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 03 Jun 2014, 11:46

Very Good
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 03 Jun 2014, 20:46

Nordmann,

I see that you didn't answer yet my question:

"As on the BBC and all other fora where I contribute, by clicking on the name in the memberlist I thought to find all the messages from Aelfwine...
But no, even on my own name when I try in Statistics: "Find all topics where Paul Ryckier has posted in" it says:
"You haven't got the rights to access this page..."

Or is it because there is no question mark at the end of the sentence?

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 07:40

This might have been due to the inbuilt search facility having been restricted to administrators. I have changed this setting to include all members so can you please try again Paul and see what happens?
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 09:45

Has the fire gone out under the boiler that drives this site? It's loading at the speed of an arthritic snail this morning.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 09:58

Seems fine from this end (using Windows) though I noticed earlier that it was sluggish on an Android platform.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:48

It's fine now - who knows?
Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:10

Possibly there were an overload of people wishing to read our twitterings? Or non-twitterings as the case is of late?  Smile
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 12:16

I see on the ForuMotion site that they were doing server maintenance earlier. That would explain it.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Wed 04 Jun 2014, 20:15

@nordmann wrote:
This might have been due to the inbuilt search facility having been restricted to administrators. I have changed this setting to include all members so can you please try again Paul and see what happens?

Nordmann,

it's all ok now...thank you very much for the change of the setting...

Kind regards and with esteem,

Paul.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:01

That time of year thou mayst in me behold has come around again and soon I'll be off gallivanting through this benighted earth on what Americans call a "vacation" (the experience of emptiness). I will leave you all with the usual advice of self-moderation in all things. Collection churns for vitriol and bile have been left at the entrance. A pre-knitted reservoir of huffs, muffs and dudgeons have been placed on a shelf (a high one of course) just inside the door and a small supply of exceptions, offence and umbrage is available for those who wish to take some, though please only on the way out.

I have done my best to shore up the holes in our foundations beloved of trolls, malign robots and assorted Chinese "search engines" but feel free to employ whatever gannets are to hand in repulsing such intrusions (trebouchets can be rented at five shillings a pop) should they occur. I'll be sending a robot version of myself from time to time to check the girth of such apertures and have a private tricycle on the ready should I need to make a mad dash back to base (or basement) (or debasement for that matter).
Back to top Go down
normanhurst
Triumviratus Rei Publicae Constituendae

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 15:24

have a grand time boss... where ever you go.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 16:06

No bosses here Mr Hurst, though often quite a bit of boscage obscuring the wood, I have heard. Thanks for the well wishes. This year - though no longer a young man - I am heeding Horace Greeley's advice regarding direction and might well end up in one of the Ballydavocks, maybe all three.
Back to top Go down
Priscilla
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 18:44

You mean we are Home Alone?  Mmm -- in ter est ing. It's Play time Mice!
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 19:09

Woo-hoo!

Crack open the barrel of port - open that bottle of Newcastle Red (that's Chateauneuf-du-Pape to you sweetie) - tap those gins, both of 'em: the Tanqueray and the Bombay - squeeeeze dem lemons, limes and gannets ... and let's par-ty ♪♫ !

Ooops. Has he actually gone yet?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 26 Jul 2014, 22:32

Not quite, not til Monday anyway. But it's a little bit hurtful to think you've been keeping the Chateauneuf-du-Pape in reserve until I'm replaced by a robot. I'm going to have to train that robot!!!
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sun 27 Jul 2014, 08:33

Enjoy your holiday and have a safe journey.

Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:56

Nyd ferien din, nordmann, den kommer ikke tilbage!

I'm going to wash the trebuchets, kep 'em clean, bright and slightly oiled, just in case ...
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:08

Why do only the trebuchets get to be slightly oiled, Nielsen?
Back to top Go down
normanhurst
Triumviratus Rei Publicae Constituendae

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:16

may i suggest wearing baggy trousers Nielsen... and bind the bottoms well... those pesky feral merkins are still running free down there... if one of them makes a dash for it up your trouser leg... the sight of you gyrating your hips and it bulging around your groin area may make the ladies swoon.
Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:29

@ferval wrote:
Why do only the trebuchets get to be slightly oiled, Nielsen?

If they get too much, Ferval, they'll be too slippery to handle safely - on our side that is - what t'owd enemy receives may be as slippery as a couple of pickled gannets may get ...
Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:31

@normanhurst wrote:
may i suggest wearing baggy trousers Nielsen... and bind the bottoms well... those pesky feral merkins are still running free down there... if one of them makes a dash for it up your trouser leg... the sight of you gyrating your hips and it bulging around your groin area may make the ladies swoon.

Thank you for the good advivce, NH, I am aware that squirrels may be attracted as well.

Alas, it's many moons ago since lasses swooned at that sight ...
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 09:35

Thought it might be fun to have one of our periodic looks at the top search terms people have used in Google and which brought them to Res Historica over the last 30 days or so. I have to say that this current crop definitely has more of a "historic" feel about it than previous batches, though one wonders still how disappointed certain queriers might have been when they failed to learn much from us here regarding the "Great Fart of 1607" or (saints preserve us) whatever on earth "salep dotar f**k dade" was looking for ...

1. (not provided)

2. reshistorica

3. res historica

4. https://reshistorica.forumotion.com/

5. res.historica

6. "the historian who shall not be named"

7. 18th century corset

8. antony sher rome

9. battle of towton

10. black and white old pictures

11. caligula's giant ship

12. captain hurricane valiant

13. cave painting virtual tour

14. caves at lascaux virtual tour

15. chauvet cave virtual tour

16. did romans knit

17. dunedin underground stream

18. edward thomas and helen thomas

19. edward thomas poet his wife helen

20. european explorers late 19th century

21. famous rebuttals

22. farts a symbol of love

23. first world war buttons

24. golden section falling water

25. great fart of 1607

26. has philippa gregory had botox

27. hieroglyphics script egyptian horned viper or snails

28. history of french knitting

29. how did shakespeare voice sound

30. how much for a cup of saloop

31. how tall is the average scotsman?

32. how were peasants seen by society in medieval times

33. in britain what happend around the same time that gilgamash ruled king in uruk

34. in the article, “the importance of history”, what did columbus have a thirst for? gold. money. wealth. silver.

35. in ww1 how fast could you get promoted

36. josephine wilkinson princes in the tower

37. king george refuses help to russian tsar

38. knitting board history

39. lascaux cave paintings virtual tour

40. lascaux cave virtual tour english

41. lascaux caves virtual tour

42. lascaux caves virtual tour english

43. lascaux verteral tour

44. lawrence of arabia was a publicity stunt

45. lord kitchener's army recruitment poster

46. male ballerina

47. male exitementas female

48. map of europe cartoon 1914

49. meikle grosvenor hotel nz

50. mumsnet richard iii

51. oldest known nursery rhymes

52. oldest nursery rhyme in the world

53. other model kits like airfix

54. p.l.u.t.o. pipeline map

55. peasants role in medieval society

56. philogelos jokes

57. pluto pipeline cherbourg

58. pluto pipeline map

59. pompeii graffiti barracks

60. princes in the tower documentary bbc

61. red and blue flag over downton

62. role of a peasant in middevil times

63. roman london

64. royal victoria park netley

65. salep dotar f**k dade

66. salooprecipe

67. scots height 1909 census

68. sports photography history

69. sudeley castle west lodge

70. the eagle and child pub posters

71. the laying of pluto

72. the origins of knitting

73. the pitt club

74. tim whittle gpss

75. tour the cave of lascaux

76. virtual tour lascaux in english

77. was ww1 necessary

78. welcome present for friends on the front

79. what is the oldest nursery rhyme?

80. what makes good prose

81. whats the role of a peasant

82. when did rome stop expanding

83. where did the golden ratio come from

84. where does knitting come from

85. which cultural exchange was most beneficial to the new world?

86. who killed king william ii

87. why did king george change his mind about the tzar

88. why george v refused refuge to romanovs

89. wirral pipe lines

90. ww1 french recruitment poster

91. ww1 promotion

92. www.lacaux.cultre.fr/?ing=en

93. www.lascaux.culture.fr/?ing=en
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 09:50

OK, OK, very interesting but has Philippa Gregory had botox? We must be told.
Back to top Go down
Nielsen
Consulatus

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 10:01

@ferval wrote:
OK, OK, very interesting but has Philippa Gregory had botox? We must be told.

Why don't you ask that question in the "Unsolved crimes" box, Ferval, someone may have suggestions.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 10:08

Smile
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 10:11

Well if she has had botox I presume it wasn't to her writing hand which seems to show no sign of paralysis.
Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Fri 05 Sep 2014, 10:37

Only one for Philippa's botox though, obviously not as important as the height of a Scot. Two queries for that.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Thu 09 Oct 2014, 15:48

There is something very strange with the Tumbleweed Bar, well for me anyway. The last post I can read is Temps' from this morning and there is no white box appearing for typing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   

Back to top Go down

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: Introductions ... :: Intros, polls, etc appear here-