A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Favourite Film Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PaulRyckier
Censura

Favourite Film Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014, 22:30

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Apr 2014, 22:47

It's more than forty years ago that I saw the film. Now I hesitate as in my previous message I don't see the real actors...?
Here some new youtube with the real actors...

Regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Apr 2014, 15:57

RIP Bob Hoskins;

Last edited by Triceratops on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 13:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 May 2014, 10:55

Another gangster related film;

Last edited by Triceratops on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 13:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 May 2014, 12:51

This is from a TV series from the mid 70s about Australian bushranger Ben Hall;

opening and closing credits ( Temp, since you like the Witchfinder General theme, I'm sure you'll like the closing credits of this one which start around the 2:49 mark)

Last edited by Triceratops on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 13:55; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014, 09:41

Two from Custer of the West;

Last edited by Triceratops on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 14:06; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 May 2014, 23:15

Triceratops,

it isn't exactly a film soundtrack but I couldn't resist to present one of my favourites:
"The African Queen" I give the last episode but you can see the whole film too...

http://watch32.com/movies-online/the-african-queen-286652/episode-7.html

To come back to film music...

All from 1951.
At school I was the best in reading, but in 1951 just able to read the subtitles (in Belgium always the original film with French and Dutch subtitles...) I could hardly read the subtitles in Dutch before they moved away...

And "The Great Caruso" Mario Lanza in 1951.

An interesting piece of music I found this evening too:
From "Requiem for a dream":

Kind regards from your friend, Paul.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 17 May 2014, 14:40

And there was always Davy Crockett who "killed him a bear when he was only three"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVN_n0PljQ (funny I had remembered it as "killed hisself a bear".  I don't know how true the Disney film was to the real Davy Crockett (probably not very).  I can remember the cartoon character Baby Crockett and arguing with some friends as to whether he was "King of the Family" or "King of the Jamily" - we hadn't done "joined up" writing at that stage in our lives and some thought the "f" looked like a "j".  I see Paul R, refers to "Show Boat".  Edna Ferber (the author of "Show Boat") seems to have fallen out of fashion, but in my view it was quite brave of her to include a mixed-race character (Julie) in the source novel of "Show Boat".  I saw the 1960 version of "Cimarron" (based on another of Ms Ferber's books) with Mum and my little brother and quite liked it though probably much of the subtlety went over my head at that age.  (Mum wasn't very pleased about the lynching scene as my brother was only 6 at the time).
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura
LadyinRetirement

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 24 May 2014, 19:17

Triceratops wrote:
Two from Custer of the West;

I was so disappointed when I found out his name was "Colonel Custer" and not "Colonel Custard" - well there was a children's character (not real; it was somebody dressing up) called "Mr Pastry" when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySun 25 May 2014, 00:14

Not a film, but Custer at least
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1RltqVK4I&feature=kp

Mr Pastry - Richard Hearne. Part of his "Lancers" routine, later copied by Billy Dainty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0DXDV1xThU&feature=kp
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Jul 2014, 12:20

Following the recent death of Ray Lonnen, here are Clannad with the theme from his best known role in Harry's Game:

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Dec 2014, 14:35

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2015, 12:16

Film score composer James Horner killed in plane crash.

This is from the soundtrack which won him an Oscar;

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 May 2016, 15:58

Vaughn Williams Symphony No 6 used for the theme music for the 1970s drama A Family at War:

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 May 2016, 16:06

Boccherini from Master & Commander;

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 May 2016, 13:33

I watched this at the weekend. Eight people meet up in a store during a blizzard, but which of them, if any, are telling the truth. Expect the usual violence and bad language inherent in a Tarentino film. At 2 hours 40 minutes it is quite a long film.
The closing titles are run to this song, first time I've heard this in about 50 years;

Last edited by Triceratops on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 14:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Oct 2016, 15:41

Instrumental chart hit from 1963, the original is Concerto Disperato, known in the UK as The Legion's Last Patrol ( I have no recollection of the film at all )

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 07 Oct 2016, 20:06

Yes Triceratops, nice theme, some say it has resemblings with "Il Silentio".
And I don't remember the film either...as I saw nearly all the films of the Sixties...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commando_(1962_film)
And I see now that also Belgium was involved in the coproduction...
And you see no real Holywood stuff, nor a UK film. It is perhaps therefore that I didn't see it in Ostend Belgium in the Sixties...
Found also this:
https://www.silversirens.co.uk/stewart-granger/legion-s-last-patrol/

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Oct 2016, 00:03

The recently-deceased and much lamented Jean "Toots" Thielemans was the soloist on the theme music for "Midnight Cowboy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-5aQ1EIgc

It wasn't until I heard his obituary on "Last Word" that I realised that the Belgian monarchy still ennobled people.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Oct 2016, 20:00

Gilgamesh of Uruk wrote:
The recently-deceased and much lamented Jean "Toots" Thielemans was the soloist on the theme music for "Midnight Cowboy"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-5aQ1EIgc

It wasn't until I heard his obituary on "Last Word" that I realised that the Belgian monarchy still ennobled people.

Gil, if I quite understand it they do it still in the UK too?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3658284/Dame-Penelope-gets-saucy-Newly-ennobled-Penelope-Wilton-plumped-racy-new-drama-Ann-Summers-parties-gentility-Downton.html

I learned the first ime about the recent ennoblement when I read "The Kingdom in the Sun" from the Viscount of Norwich about Sicily. By doing research about the author as I always do I learned that his father Duff Cooper received the ennoblement only in 1952...

Kind regards from your friend Paul.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 08 Oct 2016, 20:59

Yes, Paul. not so many hereditary titles handed out these days, but there over 800 mostly life peers entitled to sit in the House of Lords, and pass judgement on laws.

Here's an opening title theme for you all :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thDrcNmbyDw
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2016, 11:43

Quote :
Yes Triceratops, nice theme, some say it has resemblings with "Il Silentio".

Nino Rosso wrote both tunes, Paul.

I'd always assumed it was Larry Adler. thanks for the info; Gil.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Oct 2016, 15:22

From a beginning to an ending : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGHu--6UzUk
Back to top Go down
FrederickLouis
Aediles
FrederickLouis

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 Dec 2016, 02:52

Theme music from Gone With the Wind      
The title is Tara's Theme.    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgF-rcHcPqE      
Flog Dead Horse Flog Dead Horse Flog Dead Horse Flog Dead Horse
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 May 2017, 10:28

I don't think we've had a James Bond theme so far.

Roger Moore's first adventure as JB. Written and performed by Paul McCartney and Wings:

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 May 2017, 15:18

40 years ago today, in US cinemas anyway;

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 13:44

Despite the description, this piece of music was written in 1982, not 1862:

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 21:12

Thanks Triceratops for this piece of music.

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017, 15:02

Building the Barn from the film Witness:

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySat 18 Nov 2017, 22:15

Triceratops wrote:
Building the Barn from the film Witness:

Thanks again Triceratops for this piece of music.

There was a vague rememberance that I had seen this film. After all in my childhood I had seen nearly all new American films...but now I see that it was certainly on television...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witness_(1985_film)
To be certain I looked on internet nearly expecting for sure that it was available...but no all copies were removed, one was the fully one with a Japanese like girl on the foreground and the film on a bowed screen and to see under 45 degrees and I lost it...at the end I checked it with looking to "clips" perhaps that is allowed, bypassing the law,...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GxFab5uMPc

And yes it was the one that I have seen in the time...

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Nov 2017, 14:11

Maurice Jarre wrote the music for that film, Paul. Won him an Oscar.

Here is another of Jarre's:

I've repaired most of my previous postings, brought up to https.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Nov 2017, 20:03

Thanks Triceratops for another piece of beautiful music.

See also my message to Caro on the Gutenberg thread.

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017, 14:29

Frankfurt, 27 November 1896, and the first performance of Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Stanley Kubrick used this piece in 2001: A Space Odyssey;

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Nov 2017, 21:49

Triceratops wrote:
Frankfurt, 27 November 1896, and the first performance of Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Stanley Kubrick used this piece in 2001: A Space Odyssey;

Triceratops,

yes beautiful piece of music

But to be honest I prefer the piece used for the filmmusic...I skipped through the rest but skipped a bit too quick? I hope I don't "offend" (the Dutch: "voor het hoofd stoten" (kicking before the head) is translated that way in my dictionary) Meles meles with that anti mélomane comment...

And it seems to come from Nietzsche, the man we commented in another thread...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thus_Spoke_Zarathustra

I recognize some elements of the philosophy that we commented in the former thread, but to be honest I find it difficult stuff.
If nordmann came once from his "isolement" (isolation?)...he could us (I mean our whole group) explain in layman's terms, where it really is about...

Thanks again Triceratops for pushing me to seek it all from the net...

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 01 Dec 2017, 13:31

NB: this starts off at a very low volume:

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 10:00

St David's Day today:

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 11:05

Just lost my post, even without looking to another source outside Res...no mode specified at least and before this pagina can not be found... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I start again Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

yes Triceratops, one of the strong moments of the film.
And yes old memories...watching the long film in the evening...it has to have been in 1984...just laid a new floor in my kitchen...to receive the new lady in my house...having bought a pound of fresh shrimps in the afternoon...I peeling them, mostly for them, because I don't like shrimps that much, I prefer lobsters...a cosy moment with her, her son and outside the cold night...

Kind regards from your friend Paul.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 11:43

PaulRyckier wrote:
Just lost my post, even without looking to another source outside Res...no mode specified at least and before this pagina can not be found... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Why not just always highlight and press ctrl-c before pressing send?

That way it can be easily reposted if the original gets lost into the ether.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 12:00

Triceratops wrote:
St David's Day today:

However, pace Stanley Baker, it's not really credible that 2nd Warwickshires would sing that. Best estimate is that, despite the then-recent relocation of the depot to Brecon, no more than 30% were "Welsh" (and that includes those from Monmouthshire  - then still in England.)
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:16

Meles meles wrote:
PaulRyckier wrote:

I don't quite understand Meles meles, it happens when I tap many times "preview"...I write a text and see in my tekst (that's also something: this word appears Always in Dutch and I have to correct it every time as the word Always, which appears Always with a capital and I have to correct too, as many other words apppearing with a capital, without actiion from me)a fault against the English language, as many times happens with my dialect Dutch background, also disturbed by the offical Dutch and my background in both French and German. Then I correct or seek first in my dictionary the right translation and correct and press then again preview. And I do that several times during composing my text...and suddenly as I press again the preview, my text is gone and the window appears: the page you can't reach anymore (in Dutch) or something similar and then "no mode specified"...and I only press "send" at the very last moment and only once...
"press ctrl-c" I have to say honestly , that I don't know what that is...after 12 years on the internet with windows... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

And btw, I am so happy the way I am working...nordmann wanted to help me too...and I can't blame anyone for my difficulties, as I want it the easy way and as it happens only from time to time...

And I thank you Meles meles for trying to help me...

PS: this filmmusic site is reacting that slowly, at least in my case, perhaps of loading that many youtubes?  If nordmann would have a look to it...?

Kind regards to both from Paul.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:18

Meles meles wrote:
PaulRyckier wrote:

I don't quite understand Meles meles, it happens when I tap many times "preview"...I write a text and see in my tekst (that's also something: this word appears Always in Dutch and I have to correct it every time as the word Always, which appears Always with a capital and I have to correct too, as many other words apppearing with a capital, without actiion from me)a fault against the English language, as many times happens with my dialect Dutch background, also disturbed by the offical Dutch and my background in both French and German. Then I correct or seek first in my dictionary the right translation and correct and press then again preview. And I do that several times during composing my text...and suddenly as I press again the preview, my text is gone and the window appears: the page you can't reach anymore (in Dutch) or something similar and then "no mode specified"...and I only press "send" at the very last moment and only once...
"press ctrl-c" I have to say honestly , that I don't know what that is...after 12 years on the internet with windows... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

And btw, I am so happy the way I am working...nordmann wanted to help me too...and I can't blame anyone for my difficulties, as I want it the easy way and as it happens only from time to time...

And I thank you Meles meles for trying to help me...

PS: this filmmusic site is reacting that slowly, at least in my case, perhaps of loading that many youtubes?  If nordmann would have a look to it...?

Kind regards to both from Paul.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:26

OOPS double post...I only wanted to say that my Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  disappeared after sending my sentence: "after twelf years on windows"...and now after my double post I see after some minutes the Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed  appears in both posts...???

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:34

Gilgamesh of Uruk wrote:

However, pace Stanley Baker, it's not really credible that 2nd Warwickshires would sing that. Best estimate is that, despite the then-recent relocation of the depot to Brecon, no more than 30% were "Welsh" (and that includes those from Monmouthshire  - then still in England.)

The 24th Regiment of Foot???..... I was listening to the uThalwana.

Seriously, I think it was in Washing of the Spears, that it stated the 1st and 2nd Battalions of the 24th had to be bivouacked apart because of trouble between them.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:36

Paul :
Pressing Ctrl-C saves a copy of the highlighted text to your clipboard, and you can get it back by pressing Ctrl-V (or you can right-click then copy to save, then right-click and paste to restore).
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:57

Triceratops wrote:

Seriously, I think it was in Washing of the Spears, that it stated the 1st and 2nd Battalions of the 24th had to be bivouacked apart because of trouble between them.
I've been tlod by wargamers (who tend to obsess about such minutiae) that at that period the two battalions were markedly different - 1st Bn being mostly Brummies, 2nd mostly rural farm hands. They also claim the "Welsh" figures are inflated - they count anyone giving their address as Brecon as Welsh, but many moved there (mostly married men) specifically to enlist with their family close by, and were more Hereford & Gloucester folk by upbringing. Conversely, regiments such as the KSLI had a higher proportion of Welshmen than might be expected as the lower minimum height requirement for Light Infantry let them scrape under the bar.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 14:18

Gilgamesh of Uruk wrote:
I've been told by wargamers (who tend to obsess about such minutiae) ....

The film 'Zulu' is full of annoying little errors. My particular gripe is that the Zulus are nearly all depicted using the Mark E Assegai, but that was only introduced in 1880, and even at the battle of Majuba Hill it equipped only 30% of regular forces. At Rorke's Drift they were still using mostly the Mark C Assegai and a few Mark Bs. The Mark D Assegai, with the stainless steel blade developed for navy use, remained experimental and was never issued as standard.

Smile

Last edited by Meles meles on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 14:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh of Uruk
Censura
Gilgamesh of Uruk

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 14:26

The "Welshness" isn't an error, though. It was a deliberate Baker decision to big-up the Welshness for his own reasons.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 20:25

Gilgamesh of Uruk wrote:
Paul :
Pressing Ctrl-C saves a copy of the highlighted text to your clipboard, and you can get it back by pressing Ctrl-V (or you can right-click then copy to save, then right-click and paste to restore).

Thank you very much Gil for the explaining...

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 20:36

I have a rather 'faible' internet connection Paul, which can cut out unpredictably, and so I have just got into the habit of always doing that just before sending. It has saved me many hours of retyping.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptyFri 02 Mar 2018, 11:25

Meles meles wrote:
I have a rather 'faible' internet connection Paul, which can cut out unpredictably, and so I have just got into the habit of always doing that just before sending. It has saved me many hours of retyping.

Meles meles, thanks for your recommandations. I will do what you and Gil say. Will ask the grandson how to do it safely.

Kind regards to both.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 EmptySun 02 Dec 2018, 19:29

Triceratops wrote:
Vaughn Williams Symphony No 6 used for the theme music for the 1970s drama A Family at War

Probably the most prestigious piece of music ever used for a television drama series Trike. And from the same composer, his Symphony No 7 Sinfonia antarctica which was written for the 1948 film Scott of the Antarctic. Released 70 years ago this week, it remains one of the most haunting film scores ever composed:

P.S. Does anyone know who played the role of Fridtjof Nansen in the film? I've never been able to find out who that cast member was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Music   Favourite Film Music - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite Film Music

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next