A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

The Antikythera Mechanism

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Islanddawn
Censura

The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Antikythera Mechanism   The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 15:12

Opps, no idea how that happened but no urls appear for the video in the edit so I don't know how to delete the last two.  Ah well, you will just have to watch it 3 times. Smile
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: The Antikythera Mechanism   The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyWed 04 Oct 2017, 22:23

Thanks Islanddawn for the links I read them with interest.

Not so much on the subject here, but have you some comments on this:
http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-elsewhere-41415952

Also off topic but about underwater archaeology:
http://www.grotte-de-han.be/en/prehistohan
During my visit last year that was the most exiting of the Caves of Han that I have seen. I searched for videos but have nothing found. They make too much advertisement with their caves and don't put enough emphasis on this even for Europe interesting research. (Will tell it to them Wink )
But as I have seen your film, it is exactly the same system that they used during their research. A raft on 6 our 8 empty drums of 200l a pump linked to a plastic flexible tube of a 12 cm diameter and then pumping (sucking?) the sand and the artifacts with the water on the raft. And with that primitive vehicle they have done all their extraordinary finds, as a safety pin (yes a safety pin!) from the Bronze age, also golden coins and even stuff from the stone age.

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Islanddawn
Censura
Islanddawn

PostSubject: Re: The Antikythera Mechanism   The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017, 15:30

Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: The Antikythera Mechanism   The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017, 20:35

Islanddawn,

that was interesting about the scarcity of bronze on land in comparison with the shipwreck undisturbed until now. In fact the whole article made a survey about the importance of the discovery.

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Antikythera Mechanism   The Antikythera Mechanism - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Antikythera Mechanism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The history of things ... :: Technology and human invention-