A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vizzer
Censura

Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018, 13:54

Audio Clue Fifteen contains the lyric "run, girl, run" so I'll guess at Paula Radcliffe because she looks a bit like her.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018, 13:59

That's the lady!

Number Fifteen: Paula Radcliffe
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000056Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Paular10
(audio clue - "Run, Girl, Run" performed by The Cog Is Dead)
Back to top Go down
https://reshistorica.forumotion.com
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Feb 2018, 14:05

I see we've gone onto a new page in the thread so to save you from hopping back and forth with such a long loading time for the images here are the ten now remaining:

Number Six: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000042
Audio Clue Six:

Number Seven:
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000065
Audio Clue Seven:

Number Ten: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000044
Audio Clue Ten:

Number Fourteen: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000057
Audio Clue Fourteen:

Number Sixteen: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000054
Audio Clue Sixteen:

Number Seventeen: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000045
Audio Clue Seventeen:

Number Eighteen: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000046
Audio Clue Eighteen:

Number Nineteen:
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000053
Audio Clue Nineteen:

Number Twenty Two: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000048
Audio Clue Twenty Two:

Number Twenty Five: (solved in thread below)
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000051
Audio Clue Twenty Five:

Last edited by nordmann on Sun 04 Mar 2018, 13:26; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 08:51

After a lot of cogitation over this morning's tea, here are another couple of suggestions:

Number 16 - an academic/philosopher - it's not Bertrand Russell (we've had him before with straw hat and cricket bat), the German ones like Nietzsche, Heidegger and Wittgenstein are probably all from earlier than that photo, and I don't think you'd have gone for Jean-Paul Sartre or Albert Camus. So I'm gonna plump for Noam Chomsky.

Number 18 - detectives - too early I reckon for the likes of John Thorn or Peter Falk, and anyway what more famous detective is there than Sherlock Holmes? So how about Basil Rathbone?

And now I really need to do some gardening ... but it's cold, I can't find my spade, I broke my pickaxe handle yesterday and anyway the ground's frozen .... so maybe yet another cuppa and just a few more minutes of musing here.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 09:29

Number 19 - I'm thinking Nobel Peace Prize Laureates ... and the only one, still reasonably well known, that I can think of from about the right era is Woodrow Wilson.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 09:33

Some good elementary deduction there, MM!  (EDIT: apart from Woodrow Wilson however)

Number Sixteen: Noam Chomsky
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000054Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Noam_c10
(Audio clue: "Smarter Than You" performed by The Undertones)

Number Eighteen: Basil Rathbone
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000046Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Basilr10
(Audio clue: "We Are Detective" by Thompson Twins)
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 20:48

Audio Clue Nineteen mentions the word 'dream' so I'll try and interpret that as referring to Sigmund Freud.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2018, 21:54

Not Ziggy Freud, I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 20:19

No 10, Amy Winehouse?

Sorry, it's the audio clue to number 7 that doesn't work for me so could someone help me out please?
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 20:51

Good to have you back ferv. The audio clue for number 7 is the song Tomorrow from the musical Annie if that helps. It doesn't help me. 

I'll have another wild guess at Number Twenty Two and go for Richard Dawkins.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 21:00

10 is poor Amy, yes! Well done!

Number Ten: Amy Winehouse
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000044Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Amywin10
(Audio clue: "Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth" by The  Dandy Warhols)

Number 7 works with every browser I've tested it on. It's her as a kid (for those who can hear it). No. 22 is not Dawkins. no.

Last edited by nordmann on Wed 28 Feb 2018, 22:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 22:10

No 22 must be Carl Sagan, he really didn't change that much over the years.

It's odd about no. 7, all the others work, so thanks for the tips folks.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 22:17

Yes, No. 22 was Carl Sagan - Mr Universe himself!

Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000048Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Carlsa10
(Audio clue: Mr Universe by Gerry Rafferty)
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 22:18

No 14, could that be Trudeau junior? i rather fancied his dad back in the day, not something I feel about many politicians.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 22:28

A palpable it, yet again!

Number fourteen: Justin Trudeau
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000057Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Justin10
(Audio clue: "I'm A Lumberjack" by Monty Python)
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018, 23:01

That leaves two actors, two politicians and one singer ...

(or one actor, two politicians and two singers if you count "Annie" as singing ...)
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:00

Number 25 ... "If you can't stand the heat then get out of the kitchen" ... must be therefore be Harry Truman.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 01 Mar 2018, 13:04

Absolutely!

Number Twenty Five: Harry Truman
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000051Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Harry_10
(Audio clue "If You Can't Stand The Heat" performed by Bucks Fizz)
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Mar 2018, 12:49

nordmann wrote:

(or one actor, two politicians and two singers if you count "Annie" as singing ...)

With Twenty Five (Harry Truman) solved then that leaves an actor, a politician, a singer and an actor/singer. I'm stumped with the audio clues but I'll guess at Number Nineteen as being the politician and go for Winston Churchill because it's about the right era and his mouth and chin look like it could be him.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Mar 2018, 12:59

Not Winnie, though we had him before in his little sailor suit if I recall, bless 'im.
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Mar 2018, 19:50

No 17, the young Georgie who didn't kiss the girls and had a thing about chameleons?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySat 03 Mar 2018, 20:21

Well guessed - young Master O'Dowd it is!

Number 17: Boy George
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000045Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Boygeo11
(Audio clue: "Are You A Boy Or Are You A Girl?" by The Barbarians)
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Mar 2018, 12:39

Here's a desperate guess at Number Six - is it Anthony Hopkins as in The Silence of the Lambs?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Mar 2018, 13:25

Nil Desperandum! Well guessed from such an admittedly crappy clue!

Number Six: Anthony Hopkins
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000042Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Anthon10
(Audio clue: "Mary Had A Little Lamb" by Paul McCartney)
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySun 04 Mar 2018, 13:29

So then there were two ...

Number Seven:
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000065
Audio Clue Seven:

Number Nineteen:
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000053
Audio Clue Nineteen:

Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 11:33

Number 19: "A Little Peace", given the aged look of the photo, I'll try Woodrow Wilson, though without any great conviction.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 11:47

I think he's been suggested already - though you're all on the right lines so far regarding this bloke.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 11:56

I'll go back a few years and try Theodore Roosevelt.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 11:56

Wrong direction ...
Back to top Go down
ferval
Censura
ferval

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 12:11

Just because of facial resemblance and a penchant for the limelight, could no 7 possibly be the all singing, all dancing exMP Anne Widdecombe?
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 12:20

Or with the shoes clue ... is it Treeza, 'shoes means shoes' May?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Mar 2018, 12:32

I'm sorry I ever mentioned shoes now ... (the point of that clue was in the audio, not the content, which is why I replaced it as it was a little too vague). But come to think of it that's actually the point of the new clue too - the voice rather than the words "expressed" (using the term as when it applies to squeezing mother-juice out of a reluctant nipple).

But no, not Widdecombe or May.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Mar 2018, 21:20

nordmann wrote:
Wrong direction ...

Triceratops wrote:
I'll go back a few years and try Theodore Roosevelt.

Then let's try Franklin Delano.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyTue 06 Mar 2018, 22:17

Not FD either ...
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Mar 2018, 20:59

nordmann wrote:

I'm trying to think of anyone famous who sang Tomorrow but there aren't that many. The child actors who played Annie (whether it be on stage or on film) never seemed to then make it as adults. There are people, however, who've performed the song in other contexts outside of the musical and so of those I'll go for Reese Witherspoon.
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Mar 2018, 21:01

Ah, but one Little Orphan Annie did indeed go on to better things (one could argue they could hardly go on to worse I suppose), though it was't Ms WItherspoon.
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Mar 2018, 22:55

I've just worked out that the third person to play Annie in the original Broadway production was Sarah Jessica Parker. If that's not who Number Seven is then this really is a hard knock quiz.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyThu 08 Mar 2018, 23:47

Number 19 : "A little peace .... in our time", perhaps. Is it Neville Chamberlain?
Back to top Go down
nordmann
Nobiles Barbariæ
nordmann

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 Mar 2018, 03:57

Yes it is, On both counts!  Cheers

Number Seven: Sarah Jessica Parker
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000065Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Sarahj10
(Audio Clue: "Tomorrow" sung by Li'l Orphan Parker, aged 14, in the Broadway production of "Annie" that first brought her thespian fame)

Number Nineteen: Neville Chamberlain
Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 10000053Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Nevill10
(Audio Clue: "A Little Peace" performed by Nicole)

Well done all!
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptyFri 09 Mar 2018, 08:06

Thanks for doing that quiz Nordmann ... very enjoyable, if at times sometimes maddening. And educational too: I read up all about the Nobel Peace prize and the various Nobel Laureates, the Treaty of Versailles, the formation of the League of Nations ... only for it to suddenly dawn on me that the clue was probably referring to something completely different. Wink
Back to top Go down
Vizzer
Censura
Vizzer

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 EmptySat 10 Mar 2018, 12:34

Well done MM for getting Number Nineteen. Who'd have thought that the man of Munich would have started off life as a wee Napoleon.

Good quiz nordmann. I thought it was never going to be completed and yet am now missing it already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"   Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quiz - ever more little dotes to identify when "all growed up"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2