A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Priscilla
Censura

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyTue 29 Mar 2022, 17:13

Deleted - tacky post
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Mar 2022, 09:43

Priscilla wrote:
Deleted - tacky post

Compared to mine? I doubt it, Priscilla.
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022, 10:27

We've discussed Anzac biscuits before but this is Max Miller's 'Tasting History' take on them (to mark Anzac Day on 25 April), with a discussion of the history and a couple of old recipe's.

I particularly liked the bit about the army-issue hardtack biscuits being used as postcards to send greetings back home:

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 Anzac-biscuit-11

I also like the description of what original Anzac hardtack biscuits tasted like:
"Have you, reader, ever analysed with due carefulness the taste of army biscuits? Is it the delicious succulency of ground granite or the savoury toothsomeness of powdered marble? Do we perceive a delicate flavouring of ferro-concrete with just a dash of scraped iron railings?"
Back to top Go down
prateekbritdel
Quaestor
prateekbritdel

PostSubject: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling    Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022, 10:14

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 A51fd63c6b07c98180a5550f6cad1ae2

McVities Fruit Shortcake are a delicious classic British biscuits made with real fruit pieces. These classic biscuits are loved by the British public, and are one of the best selling biscuits in the UK. Buy McVities Fruit Shortcake here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.britishfoodsupplies.com/collections/biscuits-cookies
MarkUK
Praetor
MarkUK

PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022, 14:12

Nice, but they ain't got no chocolate on! The best biscuits have chocolate.
Back to top Go down
prateekbritdel
Quaestor
prateekbritdel

PostSubject: MarkUK   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022, 14:56

ok  @MarkUK visit this website I just found this website maybe this website can help you  britishfoodsupplies. com
Back to top Go down
https://www.britishfoodsupplies.com/collections/biscuits-cookies
Green George
Censura
Green George

PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2022, 17:39

Meles meles wrote:
We've discussed Anzac biscuits before but this is Max Miller's 'Tasting History' take on them (to mark Anzac Day on  25 April), with a discussion of the history and a couple of old recipe's.

I particularly liked the bit about the army-issue hardtack biscuits being used as postcards to send greetings back home:

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 Anzac-biscuit-11

I also like the description of what original Anzac hardtack biscuits tasted like:
"Have you, reader, ever analysed with due carefulness the taste of army biscuits? Is it the delicious succulency of ground granite or the savoury toothsomeness of powdered marble? Do we perceive a delicate flavouring of ferro-concrete with just a dash of scraped iron railings?"
Close relative of the Scone of Stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling   Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Biscuits; Past, Present and Crumbling

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3