A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Russia: Marriage of Church and State.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Russia: Marriage of Church and State.   Wed 05 Sep 2018, 22:34

Always interested since I was on the history messageboards (2002) in the history of the relationship between "church" ideology (and "church" can be also an ideology as Nazism or Stalinism or new style People's Republic Confucianism, Legalism) and state.
I made already several times an approach overhere about that question last time I suppose on the Confucius thread and the Christian/Islam thread.
And always had a good respons from nordmann in those matters. I hope he will comment this approach too.
https://reshistorica.forumotion.com/t1257-confucius

I saw this morning a documentary about the relationship between Putin and the Patriarch of Moscow, seemingly in both their advantage. And in the documentary the old nationalist Jirinowski (I will check the spelling) the utopian, from whom we were that afraid some twenty years ago, is there again alife and kicking you will see in the documentary (I guess as far as he works together with Putin. And even in Syria and Libanon the patriarch and Putin work together..
And now there is the danger of the independence of the Ukrainian Orthodox church, after all even Moscow is depending from the patriarch of Constantinople...and that is also the mirior of the new political reality on the ground.

If Islanddawn reads this and as she is knowledgeable about the "orthodox" I wonder what she is thinking about all "this"

But first the documentary. And you can have translation in English by tapping on the subtitling...even in Armenian and all that, I tried even in Latin, unbelievable, but for the robot Latin or Armenian or whatever is I suppose all the same technology...

Let it here for tonight and will comment tomorrow further...

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Russia: Marriage of Church and State.   Sat 15 Sep 2018, 21:17

Addendum:

More political drip outs from the marriage? The split between the Moscow patriarch and the Constantinople one? About Ukraine?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45529355

Islanddawn if you read this...you seems to know a bit about all those "orthodox" ones...

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down

Russia: Marriage of Church and State.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: The history of ideas ... :: Political ideology-