A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mikestone8
Quaestor
Mikestone8

Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID Empty
PostSubject: Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID   Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID EmptyFri 01 Oct 2021, 09:40

I recall reading in a book on WW1 that by 1917 nearly two-fifths of the KuK Army’s junior officers and NCOs were actually Germans seconded to them by Berlin. It also asserted that the Austro-Hungarian soldiers ought *better* under this leadership than under their KUK predecessors, presumably because they were more efficient.

I had supposed that the book concerned was Norman Stone’s *The Eastern Front*, but though it makes mention of this matter, I don’t think it is the right one. In particular I can’t find the word “Reichsdeutsch” anywhere, which I distinctly remember, as the book in question was where I first learned it.

Any thoughts on what book it might have been? Or have I just not re-read TEF carefully enough?
Back to top Go down
Meles meles
Censura
Meles meles

PostSubject: Re: Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID   Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID EmptyFri 01 Oct 2021, 13:08

That's a very specific question and one I'm nowhere near being able to answer, sorry. But it's still nice to see you back here after your long absence. Welcome back! I'd like to see you post more here.
Back to top Go down
Triceratops
Censura
Triceratops

PostSubject: Re: Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID   Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID EmptyFri 01 Oct 2021, 14:40

I doubt if I'll be able to answer this question either.

However, if you're interested in the Austro-Hungarian Army in the First World War, this book became available in paperback from Amazon just yesterday:

Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID 514bIiib07L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID   Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID Empty

Back to top Go down

Reichsdeutsch in the Austro- Hungarian Army - Book ID

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1