A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Rome and Colonial

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Priscilla
Censura
Priscilla

Rome and Colonial Empty
PostSubject: Rome and Colonial   Rome and Colonial EmptyThu 20 Jan 2022, 23:59

There used to be a chain grocery store with a similar name which today would have the woke lot aquiver in the High Street gutters with shock. I cannot admit to really following news of the assorted matters that trigger their angst but I do wonder if anything Roman will be obliterated from history, sight and record because they were well into colonies and settlement - and they used slaves from everywhere to build much of it and then to fight to their deaths in the arenas when done....... well, possibly they did, anyway; a neat Roman sort of way to end contractual and possible union dispute in their huge slave work force.
Perhaps there are colonists who did no harm when they pushed into others' lands but I am hard put to think of any - New Englanders?
Should anything Roman in this Isle be put into moth balls to await a less woke force lest the current ones smash it to bits?
Back to top Go down

Rome and Colonial

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1