A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Vizzer
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 28 Jul 2018, 17:48

The Customs, traditions, etiquette and ethics board is not refreshing or bumping itself on the Res Hist Home Page.

Looking from the Home Page, then the most recent post listed on the Customs board is on the Edible Oils thread and a post by Temp dated the 2nd of May. Go into the Customs board, however, and the Edible Oils thread is listed about 5 threads down while the most recently replied to thread is the Fakers thread with a posting from Paul dated the 6th of July.

Is anyone else getting this?
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Sat 28 Jul 2018, 21:51

@Vizzer wrote:
The Customs, traditions, etiquette and ethics board is not refreshing or bumping itself on the Res Hist Home Page.

Looking from the Home Page, then the most recent post listed on the Customs board is on the Edible Oils thread and a post by Temp dated the 2nd of May. Go into the Customs board, however, and the Edible Oils thread is listed about 5 threads down while the most recently replied to thread is the Fakers thread with a posting from Paul dated the 6th of July.

Is anyone else getting this?

Yes Vizzer the same for me too...

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 30 Jul 2018, 18:53

No problem with the pages on the site but I was just interested to know if anyone else has had broadband going slow today.  Mine was okay earlier but this evening it's been like the slow bicycle race though it has slightly improved now but still not normal speed.  I do realise that some of the Res Historians are based outside the UK and weather conditions may be different there.  I suppose it could be to do with atmospherics as it's gone from hot and dry to changeable here over the last few days.
Back to top Go down
Dirk Marinus
Praetor

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Mon 30 Jul 2018, 20:41

LIR,

when there are some heavy rainfalls or even thunderstorms then it is quite possible that the weather plays some havoc with broadband .

You mention that in your case it slows down but in many cases broadband just falls out for a few minutes and then gets back and will work for some 15 to 20 minutes and falls out again and yet within 2 or 3 minutes it's back to normal.

I suppose that even 21st century technology has to admit defeat if nature gets cross.
Back to top Go down
LadyinRetirement
Censura

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   Tue 31 Jul 2018, 08:37

Thank you Dirk.  The rain was on and off yesterday and sometimes quite heavy.  I gave up on the internet in the end (I wasn't feeling 100% well in any case).  The internet seems to be back to normal now - at least until the next bout of heavy rain!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance   

Back to top Go down

Technical adjustments / announcements / assistance

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Res Historica History Forum :: Introductions ... :: Intros, polls, etc appear here-