A discussion forum for history enthusiasts everywhere

HomeHome  Recent ActivityRecent Activity  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  SearchSearch  

Share | 

Saluting the flag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
PaulRyckier
Censura

Saluting the flag - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020, 15:51

Thanks Temperance for your thoughts and as a not knowledgeable one about British politics, I have nevertheless the impression that you could be right...it sounds all by all so very logical...and human...(I mean: the end justifies the means)

Temperance wrote:
"(preferably sourced from wild North Atlantic salmon)"

Yes yes, perhaps on the label, put perhaps from the Norse fjords' fishing farms...how very human...how said Machiavelli it again...the end...

PS: Temperance I am always pleased to read your beautiful English, especially the "form" of your language...
PPS: And glad to see you again once and especially in the  defying mode of...an arena...?

Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020, 18:57

Just commenting, Paul, that's all. I don't think anyone living in the UK is really in "defiant" mood these days. We are all simply weary of it all - isn't everyone? And the clocks go back this weekend - oh joy -  dark at teatime for months...
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2020, 20:01

Temperance wrote:
Just commenting, Paul, that's all. I don't think anyone living in the UK is really in "defiant" mood these days. We are all simply weary of it all - isn't everyone? And the clocks go back this weekend - oh joy -  dark at teatime for months...

OOPS Temp, and I who thought that I could cheer you up with my PS and PPS...
Temp, trust me, after this dark winter comes another summer and then that covid thingy will be history...and I am not a Trump or a Bojo...hmm thinking about it...I am not sure that those are now the good examples to convince you that you can trust me...

PS: Temp, even with a dark teatime, I enjoy your return to the boards...
PPS: I found nothing more to cheer you up...

Paul.
Back to top Go down
Temperance
Virgo Vestalis Maxima
Temperance

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptySat 24 Oct 2020, 09:44

Saluting the flag - Page 6 3543

Poor old Barnier - coping with British sulks and theatrics must be very wearisome.

I love his mask.

Back to top Go down
Green George
Censura
Green George

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptySun 25 Oct 2020, 22:25

Saw a theory yesterday that Bozo is waiting for the US election result. If Biden wins, he'll take whatever deal from the EU he can, because he won't be able to get a deal from The Dumnold.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020, 17:13

Green George wrote:
Saw a theory yesterday that Bozo is waiting for the US election result. If Biden wins, he'll take whatever deal from the EU he can, because he won't be able to get a deal from The Dumnold.

GG, a bit the "kwadratuur van de cirkel" (they translate as : squaring the circle)

All to do with your "Dumnold"...for me it can make sense, if "The Dumnold" is "the Donald"?...in the case of Biden no compromise with the Republicans for economical deals?...

Searching for "Dumnold" I came to Scottish related...and the Donald with a Scottish grandma?...

Green George (Gil) you forget that those dummies (at least in my case) from over the Channel are not that embedded in the "specificities of the local British? common word use, there in that Old England...

PS: longing for a solution of my small nearly hopeless problem... Wink  

Kind regards from Paul.
Back to top Go down
Green George
Censura
Green George

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020, 23:29

Dumnold - simply Donald merged with Dumb - from a post seen earlier suggesting a new film "Dumb, Dumber, and Dumnold"  with POTUS on the poster.
Back to top Go down
PaulRyckier
Censura
PaulRyckier

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2020, 16:06

GG, as ever, thank you for the enlightenment.
Kind regards, Paul.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saluting the flag   Saluting the flag - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saluting the flag

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6